Nmap Development mailing list archives

NMAP 7.31 & Npcap 0.10 R9 Error

From: Philip Kroetsch <pkroetsch () minnkota com>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2016 14:00:22 +0000

Hello,

I am getting an error when installing NMAP 7.31. The first error is on installation for npcap this is the error I
receive "Failed to create npcap service for Win7, Win8, and Win10. Please try installing Npcap again, or use the
official Npcap installer from https://github.com/nmap/releases";

I then tried installing npcap-0.10-r12 and received the same error. This has happened on 3 separate windows server 2012
instances and 2 windows 8.1 instances.

Then now when I go to run nmap this is the error I receive. "Warning: Could not import all necessary Npcap functions.
You may need to upgrade to version 0.07 or higher"

I looked in the NPFInstall.log file and I looks like there was a few errors. "HrInstallNetComponent" "Error 0xe0000247:
Couldn't install the network component" "Error 0xe0000247: InstallSpecifiedComponent"

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you!