Nmap Development mailing list archives

I need a replacement for AutoScan Network

From: ToddAndMargo <ToddAndMargo () zoho com>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2016 17:44:02 -0800

Hi All,

Try as I may, I am not finding a decent substitute for Auto Scan
Network, which is abandoned.

http://autoscan-network.com/

Auto Scan Network stopped working as of Fedora Core 24
and Windows 7.  And Auto Scan has not been maintained
since 2010.  :'(

I have used Auto Scan Network to find double routers installed
on networks where customers have changed ISP and never
removed the old routers. Auto Scan instantly showed I had
devices on 192.168.254.0/24  and on  192.168.1.0/24.

Auto Scan finds everything in a matter of about half
a minute.

All the other scanners I come across, only find
things on your network block.  Other devices residing on
your physical network that are not on your address block
are not found.

"arp-scan -l" only gives your those devices with an IP
on your network block (and can't find itself -- chuckle).

NMap is a marvelous (understatement) tool, but it requires
IP range(s).

I want to find EVERYTHING including those devices without
an IP, not just those devices that are on my network block.

Anyone know a substitute for Auto Scan Network?  Any
way to get NMap to do what Auto Scan Network does?

Many thanks,
-T