Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: same issues with no resolve? npcap

From: 食肉大灰兔V5 <hsluoyz () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2016 19:02:46 +0800

Hi Mike,

Sorry for the delay! I have several questions which will help my
troubleshooting process.

1) Which Nmap command did you use? I think you are typing in the Nmap
commands in a CMD, right? Please just paste the whole content (the command
+ the nmap feedback) in your mail.

2) I think you are using the shipped Npcap 0.07 r17, right? Which options
do you choose when installing Npcap? And which OS are you using? x86 or x64?

3) Have you enabled any anti-virus, firewall softwares? Please disable them
then try again. Also try to use an Administrator CMD to run Nmap.

4) Try Wireshark latest development version, it should show an interface
called "Npcap Loopback Adapter". Capture packets on this "Npcap Loopback
Adapter", then "ping 127.0.0.1" in CMD and see if the corresponding ICMP
packet shows up on Wireshark.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Yang