Nmap Development mailing list archives

Vincent’s Status Report — #10 of 17

From: Vincent Dumont <dumontv7 () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2016 00:14:37 +0200

Hello devs,

With the help of my mentor Dan, I finally found out why I had a segmentation fault on my machine when using libpcap
with root privileges. It now works perfectly with the one included in Nmap, not the default one provided by Apple.
Appart from that, Zenmap is now translated into Spanish! It could take a few days or weeks to be reviewed and
published, but the .po file is ready :) Feel free to give your feedback.

Accomplishments:
•       Zenmap translated into Spanish — Waiting for my mentor to review it
•       Pushed online one of my Pull Requests (silencing compiler warnings) and one of @thebinarymutant reviewing
python3 syntax (credited by name in the commit title — thanks again for the contribution!)
•       Solved half of (hardest part) issue #439 "Update Nmap to work with OpenSSL 1.1"
(https://github.com/nmap/nmap/issues/439) — tested with openssl-1.1.0-pre5 — I still need to insert preprocessor macros
to be sure that it builds with the OpenSSL 1.0.x branches, but I should be able to push a PR on Github during the week
•       Sent a PR on Github (https://github.com/nmap/nmap/pull/441) to make debugging possible on Mac (with `make
debug`) — That's what helped me find what caused the pcap segmentation fault

Priorities:
•       Trying to implement some new NSE scripts from the Script Ideas page
•       Review more Pull Requests like #350
•       Hopefully apply some of my PRs to Nmap Subversion Repository
•       Talk to Dan to see if issue #140 could be closed now or still need to be fixed, and see what can be done next

Cheers,
Vincent Dumont