Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] script to detect phpfilevault version 09

From: Johanna Curiel <johannapcuriel () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2016 19:01:12 -0400

Hi Daniel

Thank you for the feedback, as you can see I'm a beginner with regards the
NSE  ;-) .

Indeed, adding the path to the http-fingerprints file adds the same
functionality, but given the few use of this plugin might not be even worth
it. For me is about learning lua and nse scripting, so I appreciate your
feedback.

With regards NSE scripts that might be more interesting to contribute to, I
have been looking to this:
https://secwiki.org/w/Nmap/Script_Ideas#vulndb

Could you provide a little more info into the requirements described in
here?

When looking into vulnerabilities and creating NSE scripts for them, what
kind of vulnerabilities have priority or could be  interesting to write
for? I have been looking into them in exploit-db, but as you have pointed
out, there are other considerations such as how popular and the impact of
the vulnerability, or even considering adding the path to the database if a
script like http-enum can be used.

After a while writing some lua I kind of feel comfortable enough to write a
more robust NSE script where I can contribute , but at the same time, a
script that is also valuable to the community.

Your guidance on this is highly appreciated.

Cheers

Johanna

On Fri, Aug 19, 2016 at 5:49 PM, Daniel Miller <bonsaiviking () gmail com>