Nmap Development mailing list archives

Tudor's Status Report - #1 of 17

From: Tudor-Emil COMAN <tudor_emil.coman () cti pub ro>
Date: Mon, 2 May 2016 23:33:57 +0000

Hello devs,

This is my first status report, every Monday at about this hour (17:00 Pacific Time) I will write what I have been
doing in the previous week.

My name is Tudor Emil Coman, I study Computer Science at the Faculty of Automatic Control and Computer Science in
Bucharest, Romania and I am currently in the third year of study.

I have been accepted to work on a number of issues as part of Google Summer of Code, the most important of which is
adding overlapped I/O to Nsock in order to improve it's performance on Windows and also implementing IPv6 decoys and
fragscan.

Accomplishments:

- Lurked the Nmap IRC channel on Freenode. You can find me there with the nickname TudorComan.

- I have downloaded and compiled from source Nmap on Windows.

- Started reading into the Overlapped I/O capabilities of the Windows API as well as the I/O Completion Ports for my
work on Nsock.

Priorities:

- I have not managed to get into contact with my mentor Brandon. I hope we will finally get in touch next week.

- My schedule will be really busy for the next couple of weeks but hopefully I can do a lot of research into how Nsock
works until the coding period starts.