Nmap Development mailing list archives

Nmap 7.12 on Android

From: Vlatko Kosturjak <kost () linux hr>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2016 22:32:57 +0200

Hello!

I've just compiled Nmap 7.12 on Android and you can
download it here:
https://github.com/kost/nmap-android/releases/tag/v7.12

All sources/Makefiles/etc are available here:
https://github.com/kost/nmap-android/

Since last cross compiling, new time.h patch should be applied
(included with nmap-android):
https://github.com/nmap/nmap/issues/442

Other changes:
- 64 bit Android platform support
- support for android-ndk-12b (android-ndk-12 will not work!)

Nmap 7.12 is still not available through NetworkMapper app as I want to test it more.
If you want 7.12, you can manually add /7.12 to update URL in settings, ie from:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/nmap-dl/nmap-android-ui
to:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/nmap-dl/nmap-android-ui/7.12
and then going back to main screen in order to choose Download in menu.
I plan to add it for all NetworkMapper users with default update URL, but would
like to test it for few days before releasing for everyone.

Plan is to update NetworkMapper to support downloading 64 bit binaries as well.
If you plan to use it before that - you have to download 64 bit binary and extract it
manually to:
/data/data/org.kost.nmap.android.networkmapper/bin/

Of course, NetworkMapper is available on Play Store:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.kost.nmap.android.networkmapper
(rate it and provide useful feedback!)

It is also available from F-droid:
https://f-droid.org/wiki/page/org.kost.nmap.android.networkmapper

Source of NetworkMapper is available here:
https://github.com/kost/NetworkMapper

After stripping binary, I'm removing specific ELF sections which android linker
do not support. I'm using following tool to do it:
https://github.com/kost/android-elf-cleaner
(It helps in removing annoying android linker warnings)

You can download recommended Android NDK here (12b release):
https://github.com/android-ndk/ndk/wiki#current-stable-release

Please do NOT download NDK from here (old and buggy NDK 12 release):
https://developer.android.com/ndk/downloads/index.html
(they did not update the links!)

Hope it will work for you!
--