Nmap Development mailing list archives

Abhishek's Status Report - #8 of 17

From: Abhishek Singh <abhishek.s14 () iiits in>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2016 23:07:32 +0530

Hi Devs,

This week was nice as well as challenging. I worked a little on correcting
my previous pull requests and decoys for IPv6. I am working on short and
more easy method for specifying script arguments, it would be great if
developers and users give their review on this
https://github.com/nmap/nmap/pull/415.

Accomplishments

~ Made small fixes in http-brute.
~ Corrected sasl.lua to handle digest-auth properly.
~ Few changes in map implementation ( Still segfault is occurring ).
~ Tested the submission of "logged results on host-timeout" for various
scan phases and corrected output formatting.
~ Completed short syntax for script argument where I've removed "--script"
parser from NmapOps to nse_main.lua.
~ Support for decoys in IPv6 ( A lot has to be done yet )
~ A different and straight-forward approach for TCP fallback.

Priorities

~ Few final changes in implementation of TCP fallback and then rigorous
testing .
~ Solving segfault in the implementation of map.
~ Have to understand nse_debugger() introduced by Devin and his mentor
Patrick in one of the past GSOC may be we can try giving it another try.
~ Complete support for decoys in IPv6.

Happy scanning,
Abhi