Nmap Development mailing list archives

Vincent’s Status Report — #6 of 17

From: Vincent Dumont <dumontv7 () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2016 22:50:44 +0200

Hello devs,

A great week just passed and a new one beginned! Appart from working, I began writing markdown documentation files and
read guides on Apple website.
Concerning this week, I am going to focus on code signing and App Store compatibility, since it would be really great
to distribute Nmap on the Mac App Store. Don't hesitate to comment!

Accomplishments:
•       Finalized and commited macosx/Makefile modifications concerning portability changes and packagemaker replacement
•       Read the Mac Deamons and Services Programming Guide to understand and analyze our best solutions for a new
authorization wrapper for Zenmap on Mac
•       Wrote a new authorization wrapper for Zenmap on Mac (in Objective-C calling applescripts for admin privileges)
— zenmap/install_scripts/macosx/zenmap_auth.m — issue #340 on Github
•       Corrected zenmap/install_scripts/macosx/launsher.sh to set the proper locale language (even in admin) — issue
#73 on Github

Priorities:
•       Work on "GUI nmap 7.12 on OSX unreadable" — issue #382 on Github
•       Check for new locale languages settings portability for Mac OS 10.8 and after
•       Add checks in zenmap/install_scripts/macosx/launsher.sh
•       Investigate on code signing and App Store compatibility
•       Write a documentation for moving from GTK to Qt
•       Translate Zenmap into Spanish when I have time

Cheers,
Vincent Dumont