Nmap Development mailing list archives

Bugs

From: "David J. Goulet" <goulet.david.j () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2016 15:55:09 -0700

To whom it may concern,

I am reporting some bugs with the newest version 7.12 of Zenmap.
I run Mac OS X El Capitan and installed via the dmg file on the nmap.org <http://nmap.org/> website. My issues are
primarily with the GUI.
The previous version worked perfectly. About a week ago, I upgraded by deleted and reinstalling the newer version.

First, the cycling thinking bars next to the “Details” button no longer appears, so I do not know if the program is
thinking or has frozen.

Second, after a scan has completed, it no longer shows the OS icons (i.e. the linux penguins, the OS X icon, or the Win
logo) in the OS column in the Hosts panel.

Third, after a scan has completed, if I switch to the “Topology” viewer, the program crashes. This is the biggest deal
for me. I have removed and reinstalled the program several times and the issue has not been resolved.

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than I can fix these bugs. I appreciate the work you guys put into this excellent
program.

Thank you!

DG