Nmap Development mailing list archives

Tudor's Status Report - #5 of 17

From: Tudor-Emil COMAN <tudor_emil.coman () cti pub ro>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2016 21:05:32 +0000

Hi,

For the past week I've been coding my engine_iocp.c for Nsock. I've managed to add in Overlapped I/O support for
connect, read and write events.

For the connection event I'm using the ConnectEx which is a bit odd in the sense that it doesn't work with
non-connection based protocols like UDP which forced me to test it without DNS.

So I still have to find an alternative to ConnectEx for UDP and also a lot of work should be put into making the SSL
bits of code Overlapped-Ready.

Accomplishments:

- Added basic support for Overlapped Connect, Read and Write events.

Priorities:

- Solve the ConnectEx "issue".

- Test it with more complex scenarios.

- Add support for SSL.

- As soon as I clean the code a bit make a git pull request or something to make my code public for feedback.

Cheers,

Tudor