Nmap Development mailing list archives

Crash report - crash when quitting

From: Eric Sprigg <eric () sprigg at>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2016 13:56:26 +0200

Version: 7.11
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Applications/Zenmap.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.7/site-packages/zenmapGUI/MainWindow.py", line 928, in
_quit_cb
    if window._exit_cb():
  File "/Applications/Zenmap.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.7/site-packages/zenmapGUI/MainWindow.py", line 910, in
_exit_cb
    window.save_changes()
  File "/Applications/Zenmap.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.7/site-packages/zenmapCore/UmitConf.py", line 322, in
save_changes
    config_parser.fp = open(Path.user_config_file, 'w')
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: u'/Users/eric1/.zenmap/zenmap.conf'

iMac OS X 10.11.3

I had just booted my system, having previously shut down without stopping Zenmap. On booting I was asked to input an
admin name and password but I cancelled that. A message appeared saying that I was not running as root and some
functions weren’t available. Then I tried to quit Zenmap, first through the command menu. This didn’t bringing any
obvious exit, so I also tried to quit via the command in the Zenmap window. Then the crash report was displayed.

I hope I have remembered the sequence correctly. Not a very important bug, I suspect.

Cheers,
Eric