Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Suggestion: reformat docs to Markdown and alias git.nmap.org?

From: Paulino Calderon <paulino () calderonpale com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2016 13:40:26 -0600

Hey Jacek and list,

I think that in the case of todo.txt the difference won’t be very noticeable as not many formatting tags are required.
However, other documents like HACKING.txt would improve a lot because of code block tags and such. I also agree this
isn’t a lot of work so it could be worth it.

I recently moved a bunch of projects to gitlab and it has worked great so far. All the features including issue tracker
are there. Nice UI. The only downside I can think of is that ocasional contributors who might want to create PRs are
more likely to have a github account already.  Still, as you said, how hard it is to create a new account hehe.

Cheers.