Nmap Development mailing list archives

Redundant check for o.ssl in /ncat/ncat_main.c

From: haris iqbal <haris.phnx () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2016 15:19:56 +0530

Hello everyone,

I am a newbie to this list. I was going through the code for ncat as I
wanted to start contributing to it (I have read in the todo list that
something regarding ssl certificates needs to be done). But thats not the
topic of my email.

What I noticed going through the code was that, the check on the line 645
of /ncat/ncat_main.c looks redundant to me. As o.ssl is a global value it
will be initialized to 0. In a scenario when OpenSSL in not compiled in
linux, the code in ncat_main.c will not change the value of o.ssl. So
essentially its still 0.

So there is no need for that extra check in the line 645 of ncat_main.c. I
might have missed something, somehwhere else where the value of o.ssl could
have been changed(I saw that address of o.ssl is sent to the function
getopt_long() through long option struct, but I could not find a place
where it could have got changed).

--

With regards,

*Md Haris Iqbal,Placement Coordinator, MTech ITNITK Surathkal,Contact: +91
8861996962*