Nmap Development mailing list archives

Use of npcap in automation system

From: Nuno Antonio Dias Ferreira <nuno.ferreira () efacec com>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 15:07:43 +0000

Hello Yang,

I'm Nuno Ferreira from Efacec. About two months ago we talked about the use of npcap in a network application for
integration in an automation system. At the time you implemented SendToRx feature. Are You remembered?

I start to test it in a real situations this week and I am facing another problem, which is crashing my system, let me
explain the scenario:

1.       I start my devices and along with them my application. At this moment everything looks fine and I can
communicate with every single device in the network.

2.       I start Wireshark and put it scanning my virtual adapter (the one which is configured with SendToRx). At this
moment my application cannot send/receive frames from network.

3.       I restart my application and I get a bluescreen on windows (SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION on ndis.sys).

In attach follows the dump generated by Operating system (Windows 8.1):

Hope you can help me to overcome this problem. I am at your disposition to provide you any information you need.

Melhores Cumprimentos / Best Regards
Nuno Antonio Dias Ferreira
Unidade de Automação de Sistemas de Energia / Power System Automation Unit
Efacec Energia, Máquinas e Equipamentos Elétricos, S.A.
Phone: 229403363
[EFA Logo]
Disclaimer<http://efacec.com/email.jpg>