Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: <CAHGzw102tjecaB+6vPwh9j9b89WxwM++MsUqOu4StWDubRhzuA () mail gmail com>

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice () trihedral com>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2016 20:19:29 +0000

On 11 March 2016 at 20:08, Tom de Brouwer <tlj.debrouwer () gmail com> wrote:

On Fri, Mar 11, 2016 at 9:37 PM, Graham Bloice <
graham.bloice () trihedral com>

wrote:

On 10 March 2016 at 20:32, Tom de Brouwer <tlj.debrouwer () gmail com>
wrote:

Hi All,

I have a question about npcap usage;

Currently I?m planning to deploy winPCAP with my application, however

this doesn?t work for Windows 10 as you are most-likely aware of.

In what way does WinPcap not work on Win 10?

In my tests (using WinPcap 4.1.3) with Wireshark it works exactly the
same

as on other Windows OS's.  Is there some specific nmap issue with
WinPcap

on Win 10?

Hi Graham,

I was getting feedback from beta testers that they were unable to install
winpcap 4.1.3 on their windows 10. Do you have the experience that it
should work? Reading some articles on the internet does suggest some issues
with it since NDIS 5 isn't supported orso.

There were issues with WinPcap in the preview builds of Win 10 likely due
to poor NDIS5 support at that time, but for RTM and all subsequent builds I
haven't had an issue on multiple Win 10 installations.

I'm not aware of any specific Win 10 issues on the Wireshark Bugzilla
(which is the defacto support channel for WinPCap) or the Wireshark Q&A
except for sporadic hanging issues which affect a very small number of
folks and occurred before Win 10 and are unresolved at this time.

--
Graham Bloice