Nmap Development mailing list archives

IPv4 OS Fingerprint Integration Highlights

From: Daniel Miller <bonsaiviking () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2016 21:53:18 -0600

We're trying to do fingerprint integration on a quarterly basis, so these
numbers are for submissions from October 2015 to early January 2015 (536 of
them).

Line count went from 94870 to 96870 (+2000, +2%).
Fingerprint count went from 4985 to 5089 (+104, +2%).

New vendors:
Advanced Illumination, Alaxala, Amazon, Tintri, Xiaomi, illumos.
Removed vendors:
OpenIndiana.

New vendor/family combinations:
Advanced Illumination embedded, Alaxala embedded, Amazon Fire OS, Amazon
embedded, Brocade Fabric OS, Tintri Tintri OS, Xiaomi embedded, ZyXEL ZLD,
illumos OpenIndiana.
Removed vendor/family combinations:
OpenIndiana OpenIndiana.

Linux 4.2
Windows 10 build 10586
  Windows 10 versioning is a bit odd at the moment, so we're going with
reporting build numbers directly. Build 10586 is "Version 1511."

-Fingerprint IBM i5/OS V6R1
-Fingerprint IBM i5/OS V7R1
+Fingerprint IBM i 6.1
+Fingerprint IBM i 7.1
+Fingerprint IBM i 7.2
  The old IBM i5/OS was renamed just "i" in version 6, so we adjusted our
fingerprints accordingly.

+Fingerprint Amazon Kindle Paperwhite
+Fingerprint Amazon Fire OS 5.0.3
   We'd like to see more of these fingerprints, especially if anyone can
clue us in as to the underlying OS and kernel version.

+Fingerprint Advanced Illumination DCS-100E lighting controller
+Fingerprint Philips Hue Bridge 2.0 (Linux 3.14)
  More IoT goodness. Philips abandoned its lwIP-based lightbulb controller
in favor of something Linux-based, it seems.

Keep sending us your fingerprints! You never know what you'll find on your
network next.

Dan