Nmap Development mailing list archives

RE: NPCAP FilterClass question

From: "Luff, Vince" <vince.luff () anite com>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2016 11:41:16 +0000

Hi Yang,

Thank you very much for the .exe.  This works well and is a big help to me.
Ok we will sign using our own certificate.

I have a few questions:

·         When uninstalling Npcap, if I have wradvs (https://sourceforge.net/projects/wradvs ) running it says:

“Trying to stop the npf service”  -> “Failed to stop the npf service, stop uninstallation now. Please stop using Npcap
first”.

I have to stop wradvs to allow the uninstall to proceed. Is this intentional behaviour?

Uninstall of WinPCAP allows the uninstall to proceed in this case but requests a reboot.

·         After uninstalling Npcap the Npcap driver remains on the NIC properties page. Shouldn’t the uninstall remove
the driver also?

·         Small issue. I noticed that some of the text in the installer is not shown correctly:
[cid:image001.png@01D175FF.8DF307C0]

Regards,
Vince