Nmap Development mailing list archives

nmap not discovering the SSL Certificates in Wolfssl setup

From: Saurabh Dublish <Saurabh_Dublish () symantec com>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2016 21:39:13 -0800

Hi all,

I am resending the email with more proper details how I used the setup.

I am running nmap in wolfssl setup and nmap is not discovering certificates in wolfssl setup. I have installed wolfssl
setup 3.8.0 and using wolfssl-example by github and running "server.tls" server but nmap is not discovering the
certificates but while connecting by openssl client I am able to discover the certificates. Please help me why nmap is
not working.

But nmap is running fine the ssl-enum-cihers script and is detecting the ciphers.In my previuos mail I mentioned it was
not working but it is working fine.

Now only Nmap is not discovering the certificates in wolfssl.

I am enclosing the nmap output, nmap output with debug option , the server-tls code and openssl output with this mail.

Commands run are

?  Install and build Wolfssl and wolfssl-examples by following steps from
https://wolfssl.com/wolfSSL/download/downloadForm.php  and https://github.com/wolfSSL/wolfssl-examples

?  Then I unzip the file wolfssl file download from above site.

?  unzip wolfssl-3.8.0

?  Then build it by

?  ./configure --prefix=/home/saurabh/install/wolfSSL/3.8.0/ --enable-opensslextra  --enable-lighty
--enable-secure-renegotiation --enable-webserver

?  Then did make

?   Make install

?  unzip the wolfssl-example-master file downloaded from github as

?  unzip wolfssl-example-master.zip

build wolfssl examples.

?  Examples/tls

?  Makefile changes

?    CFLAGS=-Wall -I/home/saurabh/install/wolfSSL/3.8.0/include/

?    LIBS=-L /home/saurabh/install/wolfSSL/3.8.0/lib/ -lwolfssl

?  Then did a make

?  Then I go to the wolfssl-example folder and go to tls folder

?  cd /home/saurabh/wolfssl-examples-master/tls

?  Then run the server as ./server.tls

?  By Default server-tls will start server on port 11111

?  Now I open nmap

?  nmap --script +ssl-cert 127.0.0.1 11111

?  but if we use openssl it discovers the cert

?  ./openssl s_client -connect 127.0.0.1:11111

Thanks
Saurabh