Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Crash Report

From: Daniel Miller <bonsaiviking () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2015 14:11:26 -0600

Alexi,

Thanks for taking the time to report this. I believe this is a result of a
corrupted .pyc file on your system, probably
/usr/lib/python2.7/webbrowser.pyc. Since this is just a byte-compiled
version of the webbrowser.py file that should be in the same directory,
deleting the webbrowser.pyc file should solve your problem. Kali defaults
to running everything as root, so the next time you run Python and import
webbrowser, the compiled .pyc file will be regenerated.

Please let us know if this does not solve your problem, or if you have any
other feedback on Nmap or Zenmap.

Dan