Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Wrong Path Ubuntu

From: jah <jah () zadkiel plus com>
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2015 15:55:20 +0000

On 13/08/15 23:43, Tim Naami wrote:

I just updated from NMAP 6.47 to 6.49Beta4.  My command line works and runs the correct version but the GUI is
broken.  I get the following error:

 There was an error creating the directory u'/home/username/.zenmap' or one of the files in it.
 The directory is created by copying the contents of '/usr/share/zenmap/config'.

The specific error was

"[Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/usr/share/zenmap/config'"

The issue is the "contents" directory should read:
'/usr/local/share/zenmap/config'

So I manually copied the three files (sudo cp)
scan_profile.usp
zenmap.conf
zenmap_version

No luck, still the same problem.  What am I missing?

I believe this problem results from r33804 in which the prefix argument to setup.py install stopped being used to
rewrite the hardcoded paths in zenmapCore/Paths.py.  After this change, the paths are rewritten with the value of
sys.prefix instead of self.prefix, which on my machine is /usr instead of /usr/local and as a result I see the same
error as Tim does.

I suggest that the change was wrong: self.prefix is not a typo, despite the somewhat confusing comment in the lines
above the changed line.

jah