Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: another SNMP error?

From: Daniel Miller <bonsaiviking () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2015 15:41:49 -0600

Mike,

Thanks for the report. I'm not sure why this is happening, but I added a
couple checks for bad values in r35519 so it should not happen again.

Dan

On Sun, Dec 13, 2015 at 12:45 AM, Mike . <dmciscobgp () hotmail com> wrote:

sorry again, but ran into another error i have never seen. in doing a scan
for an SNMP device, and finding an open V1 cable modem, i got this error
when running the snmp script for interfaces. not sure why i got the error,
since it says it detected "176 lines". can someone decipher this. and thank
you

Mike

C:\Program Files\Nmap/scripts\snmp-interfaces.nse:310: attempt to index
local 'item' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
        C:\Program Files\Nmap/scripts\snmp-interfaces.nse:310: in function
'process_ips'
        C:\Program Files\Nmap/scripts\snmp-interfaces.nse:440: in function
<C:\Program Files\Nmap/scripts\snmp-interfaces.nse:391>
        (...tail calls...)