Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: scanning error?

From: Daniel Miller <bonsaiviking () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 13:27:30 -0600

Mike,

I'm not sure exactly what caused that message, but the general idea is that
you don't have a route configured for the 192.168.0.1/24 network. This  may
or may not be something we want to handle with a better error message, but
we'll need some more info:

1. Version and platform of Nmap: nmap --version
2. routing info reported by nmap: nmap --iflist
3. If different, routing info reported by your OS (route -n, netstat -rn,
route print, etc.)
4. How Nmap handles this error condition: does it crash, stop scanning
immediately, or simply pass over the offending target?

Dan