Nmap Development mailing list archives

Nmap Problem: using my PC to scan on same subnet??

From: "Linn, John" <John.Linn () lonestar-transmission com>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 17:35:48 +0000

I am using Nmap software to scan a network checking for open ports and services the problem I face is when I scan the
network I need to set the ip of my PC to be on the same subnet as the network.  This makes the scan results very big
because the program finds my computer and does a scan on it as well. The results of this scan seem to be the largest
and I do not need them is there a way to have the program omit the scanning of my PC? Can someone please help me solve
this problem? Perhaps there is a way to omit my PC by issuing a different command? Thanks for your help!

The command I am using to scan is as follows.
nmap -sS -sU -p 0-65535 -T4 -v --max-scan-delay 1 --min-rate 600 <IP Address of Router>/26

John E. Linn
Senior Engineer, Field Operations
Lone Star Transmission, LLC
2400 Corsicana Hwy., Suite A
Hillsboro, TX 76645
254-580-9394 office
512-831-8379 mobile
254-580-9424 facsimile
John.Linn () Lonestar-Transmission com<mailto:John.Linn () Lonestar-Transmission com>

We Are Committed to Excellence | We Do the Right Thing | We Treat People With Respect

[cid:image005.jpg@01CE70BF.605B6570][cid:image002.jpg@01CCA83B.57424740]