Nmap Development mailing list archives

[NSE] IBM Websphere Application Server helper scripts

From: Vlatko Kosturjak <kost () linux hr>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2015 06:58:31 +0200

Hello!

IBM WebSphere is application server similar to Tomcat, JBoss and WebLogic.
Therefore, it should be interesting to any penetration tester doing
enterprise scale work where Websphere might be present. It should be also
interesting to anyone who is working on securing enterprise environment
since Websphere allows deploying own (malicious or not) code to the server.

I have written NSE scripts to identify IBM Websphere consoles of
application servers and to brute force any usernames and passwords.

Scripts are also available at:
https://github.com/kost/nmap-nse

For demonstration purposes, I have demonstrated basic NSE scripts usage
at my blog:
https://k0st.wordpress.com/2015/07/13/identifying-and-exploiting-ibm-websphere-application-server/

There you can find also basics of WebSphere exploitation.

Hope it helps,
--
Vlatko Kosturjak - KoSt