Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Why?

From: Daniel Miller <bonsaiviking () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2015 09:49:17 -0500

Ken,

Thanks for reporting this to us. Windows support is a big concern for Nmap,
so we are glad to hear that it works well on Windows 10. Regarding the
problems in Windows 8.1, please provide us with some further information so
we can help:

1. Please use the command-line version of Nmap for these diagnostics. If
you installed Nmap with "Register Nmap path" option, you can do this from
any command window (cmd.exe or powershell). Otherwise, you'll have to
change directory into the Nmap installation directory (e.g. cd "\Program
Files (x86)\Nmap\")

2. What is the version of Nmap that you have installed? There is a
stability fix for Windows in 6.49BETA5 that may address your problem, so
it's important that you use the latest version. Show output of: nmap
--version

3. Run your command with the -d option and provide the output. E.g. nmap -d
192.168.1.*

4. Describe what you expect to happen and how it is different from what
actually happened.

Thanks for being an Nmap user!

Dan