Nmap Development mailing list archives

[NSE] Identify RomPager rom-0 vulnerabilities

From: Vlatko Kosturjak <kost () linux hr>
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2015 16:40:28 +0200

Hello!

These NSE scripts identify simple, but dangerous vulnerabilities
present on many network devices which are using RomPager Embedded Web
Server.

Attacker is able to get your ISP password, wireless password and other
sensitive information by issuing single HTTP GET request to ‘/rom-0′ URI.
Mentioned information disclosure is present in RomPager Embedded Web
Server. Affected devices include ZTE, TP-Link, ZynOS, Huawei and many
others. Vulnerability was published in 2014 (by looking at CVE), but I
see lot of people don’t know about it: mainly because there was no hype
about it and most of the popular vulnerability scanners failed in
identifying it.

So, I hope this vulnerability will get better treatment after these
NSE scripts.

NSE scripts are also available here:
https://github.com/kost/nmap-nse/tree/master/scripts

You can read more about vulnerability and exploitation here:
https://k0st.wordpress.com/2015/07/05/identifying-and-exploiting-rom-0-vulnerabilities/

Take care,
--
Vlatko Kosturjak - KoSt