Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [Patch] Change "IBM OS/390 or SNA telnetd" to "IBM Telnet TN3270"

From: Main Framed <mainframed767 () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2015 09:38:05 -0700

Thanks Daniel! This just made my day!

A little assistance with my emails:

For *TN3270*, this submission: http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2015/q3/275
(09/14/2015) adds additional TN3270 detection capabilities by negotiating
TN3270 with any telnet port that replies with IAC DO TTYPE

For *NJE* (Network Job Entry) you can disregard this email:
http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2015/q3/276 (04/09/2015) as it's been
replaced/superseded by this patch to nmap-service-probes:
http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2015/q3/291 (09/10/2015). I know the standard
process to submit new probes, however, NJE doesn't reply unless you send
very specific packets and NMAP doesn't output anything to submit so I wrote
my own rule and tested it on a few systems.

The scrip nje-node brute (http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2015/q3/277) didn't
require any changes or re-submission based on this update. But if you have
any comments on the script let me know and I'll make those changes right
away.

On Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 6:04 AM, Daniel Miller <bonsaiviking () gmail com>