Nmap Development mailing list archives

RE: False/Positive - NMAP Scan

From: Esteban Javier Calvache <stebancc_27 () hotmail es>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2015 13:03:20 -0500

Hello,

I'm writing you because we are using NMAP for discovering workstations. Our application use a specific port which is
52311. We use an nmap scan in order to know if that port is in use or not. If the port is in use the application
assumes that system has already installed an agent. If not, that system doesn't have an agent. During a scan we found
too many false positives because NMAP scan showed an open|filtered status for that port, even when any application is
working on that port.

We're using the last available version of NMAP on Windows 7 - 64bits.

Could you advise what we can do in order to get a correct status of that port? Maybe some parameters of NMAP.
Thank you in advanced.

Steban