Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Double free during parallel rDNS resolutions

From: Daniel Miller <bonsaiviking () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2015 21:12:32 -0500

Pierre,

Thanks for catching this. I don't think we tested sufficiently with the
traceroute option, which exercises the cache more than the initial lookups.
I've commented on the Github issue with more details and a potential fix,
but we need to evaluate whether the fix preserves the functionality of the
cache, since it appears to invalidate more of the cache than was happening
before.

Hopefully Gio has some time even after GSOC has ended to comment on the
cache design and whether my fix is correct.

Dan

On Fri, Aug 28, 2015 at 5:49 PM, Pierre LALET <pierre () droids-corp org>