Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap separated result files from one global scan.

From: Tom Sellers <nmap () fadedcode net>
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2015 18:45:20 -0500

On 8/23/2015 12:13 AM, Alexandr Ivanov wrote:
Hi,

I pereodically scanning huge adress ranges and want to separate -oX results for each scanned host. I understand that
nmap scan all hosts by random queries, but if separation will work in successively
scan mode it will be ok.

My suggestion is if I do "nmap -A -p 80 0.0.0.0/9 <http://0.0.0.0/9> -oX result" I need complete results like:

0.0.0.0
0.0.0.1
0.0.0.2

while nmap still doing scan.

Thanx.

Alexandr,
  The publicly posted version of my Fathom code is a bit dated but it pretty much does exactly this.

Links:

Main reference:          http://www.fadedcode.net/Fathom/index.htm
Installation:             http://www.fadedcode.net/Fathom/downloads.htm#Installation

GitHub (slightly newer):  https://github.com/TomSellers/Fathom

You don't need all of it, you can just use the bash scripts to do most of what you need.  The 'Basic Setup' section on
the installation page tells you how to edit the subnets file, randomize the scan
order, and then run the scans.  Output is one set of .nmap, .txt, .err, .xml per host.  You can edit the scan-full.sh
and scan-recon.sh to have the nmap parameters that you want.  If you use the
mt-sweep-ful.sh script in GitHub it will scan 3 hosts a time.

I apologize for the out of date docs and what not.  I've been meaning to polish it up a bit, update the docs, and put
it all on GitHub.  So far I've just made it to the 'dump the current code on
Github' stage.

Tom