Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] KNX Gateway Discover Script

From: Niklaus Schiess <nschiess () adversec com>
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2015 21:16:43 +0200

Hi,

thanks for the suggestion. I got two KNX gateways from different vendors
where I've tested the script. Sending a search request directly to those
showed that indeed one of the devices responded properly. However, the
other one does only respond to multicast packets.

So discover gateways according to the specification seems to be the more
reliable way. Thats because I think the script is fine like it is right
now. It's actually a rather non-intrusive discovery because it just
needs one packet to discover multiple gateways.

However, I think it's a good idea to implement a second script for the
default category with a port rule for UDP port 3671 as it would enable
discovering such gateways on the Internet.

Regards,
Niklaus