Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Question regarding hping2?

From: Daniel Miller <bonsaiviking () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2015 06:36:11 -0500

Paul,

Zenmap is an Nmap GUI, not a general-purpose shell [1]. You cannot run any
command but Nmap using the Command: box. You will have to use a different
shell such as PowerShell or CMD.EXE in order to run hping2 or Ncat. Also
note that hping2 is not distributed with Nmap, so you will have to obtain
it separately. I believe the current version is hping3.

Dan

[1]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shell_%28computing%29#Text_.28CLI.29_shells