Nmap Development mailing list archives

Yang's Status Report - #12 of 17

From: 食肉大灰兔V5 <hsluoyz () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2015 18:55:35 +0800

Hi list,

Accomplishments
 * Bug Fix: Fixed the bug that Npcap driver fails to start after system
reboot.
https://github.com/nmap/npcap/commit/d4d6fa4179da855becf961e1331b494ac20f42f9

 * Bug Fix: Fixed the bug that Adapter name is not changed to "Npcap
Loopback Adapter" on Win10.
https://github.com/nmap/npcap/commit/eec57036a2230bc04f05160d8fe0702574080a98

 * Bug Fix: Fixed the bug that leads to BSoD caused by BAD_POOL_CALLER. I
can't promise this BSoD is 100% fixed, but I have secured pool memory free
function calls which may lead to BSoD.
https://github.com/nmap/npcap/commit/0426d282117fb275560c448200be218c52e282a8

 * Improvement: Improved the "Admin-only Mode" logic, by recognizing this
mode in registry's "Software\Npcap\AdminOnly" key. So we don't need to
maintain a separated driver binary for this mode.
https://github.com/nmap/npcap/commit/6c51597a821b1b8739c4ca820ac7b13fbc994d56
https://github.com/nmap/npcap/commit/8fbca0c26dc886a968bfb58dd3370bca7dce0152

* Other trivial bug fix and improvements this week, can be seen here:
https://github.com/nmap/npcap/commits/master

The latest Npcap installer is:
https://svn.nmap.org/nmap-exp/yang/NPcap-LWF/npcap-nmap-0.01.exe

I have tested this version Npcap in Windows 7 x86, Windows 8.1 x64, Windows
10 10102 x64 and Windows Server 2016 TP2.

Notice: You need to try it under Win7 and later, and no need to change the
installation options, just click the "Next"s. Npcap installed in "WinPcap
Compatible Mode" is exclusive with WinPcap, so you must uninstall WinPcap
first (installer will prompt you this).

The README is:
https://github.com/nmap/npcap

Priorities
 * Solve loopback capture integration issue with Nmap.
 * Have a meeting with Fyodor for the next step.

Cheers,
Yang