Nmap Development mailing list archives

Gioacchino's Status Report - #1 of 17

From: Gioacchino Mazzurco <gmazzurco89 () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 05 May 2015 08:39:59 +0200

Hi nmappers

I am Gioacchino Mazzurco and I am studying Computer Science at Università di
Pisa in Toscana, Italy. I will be hacking on Nmap to fix bugs and implement
some desired feature this summer. I have good experience with low level
networking so i think it will be an enjoyable experience to work on Nmap.

From what I see C/C++ and Lua knowledges are an important ingredient on Nmap
development and combined with my curiosity on network stuff it will be a crisp
cocktail B)

In the past I have used Nmap mostly for scanning and other simple task but
thanks to this experience I'll learn a lot of stuff and already discovered lot
of marvelous usages i didn't know.

What I have done till now:
Exchange some mail with Nmap community
Participate the IRC channel
Cloned Nmap git repository and taken a preview on the code

What I plan to do this week:
Find a weekly recurrent space/time frame in witch i can talk with my mentor
Scrape more the bug list and see some long standing bug of interest to fix
Read more Nmap code and compile it on my machine to take more confidence

On IRC, Melange, Gitlab and GitHub i am G10h4ck