Nmap Development mailing list archives

snmp-brute plugin not working in IPv6

From: Roberto Greiner <roberto () nead unesp br>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2015 10:46:26 -0300

Hi,

I've been using the nmap snmp-brute plugin for debugging my server
infra-structure, and after some tests verified that the plugin does not
work properly over IPv6.

When used with IPv4, it works properly, returning the snmp community.
But over IPv6, it only reports if the ports is open or not, never
returning the valid community. SNMP is working through IPv6, which I
verified using snmpwalk, but the script does not report the valid
community as would be expected.

Roberto Greiner

PS: Tested using Debian 7 and 8 servers, 64 bits, using the following
nmap version, locally  compiled(Debian 7 output):
Nmap version 6.47 ( http://nmap.org )
Platform: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
Compiled with: nmap-liblua-5.2.3 openssl-1.0.1e libpcre-8.30
nmap-libpcap-1.2.1 nmap-libdnet-1.12 ipv6
Compiled without:
Available nsock engines: epoll poll select

PS2: Sorry if this is the wrong list to report this problem. If this
mail should have gone to another list, please indicate the correct one.

--
                Marcos Roberto Greiner

   Os otimistas acham que estamos no melhor dos mundos
    Os pessimistas tem medo de que isto seja verdade
                                  James Branch Cabell