Nmap Development mailing list archives

Andrew's Status Report - #9 of 17

From: Andrew Jason Farabee <afarabee () uci edu>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2015 23:55:02 -0700

Hi everyone!

Accomplishments:
 * Met with some other nmap developers to discuss what needs to be
done in order to improve/refactor nsock and eventually add socks4a
support.
 * Used functions to test http-iis-webdav-vuln.nse and
smtp-vuln-cve2010-4344.nse. Still haven't been able to create a
vulnerable test environment for either script.
 * Debugged and modified output of smtp-vuln-cve2010-4344.nse.
 * Explored ncat code in order to start working on support for Nsock
proxy connections.
 * Used nsock socks4a patch and an ncat patch my mentor gave me in
order to setup a working ncat nsock socks4a branch (
https://svn.nmap.org/nmap-exp/pasca1/nmap-ncat-socks4a ).
 * Worked on refactoring socks4a code in order to maximize the code
shared by socks4 and sock4a.

Priorities:
 * Submit a patch and description for issue 147 on github (including a
link to issue 171).
 * Finish merging socks4a and socks4 code.
 * Research into listening code in ncat proxy resolution code.
 * Remove leftover proxy connection code (do_proxy_http,
do_proxy_socks4, do_proxy_socks5).
 * Write request for comments on how ncat should handle the old proxy
command line structure.
 * Discuss next priorities and ideas for ncat proxy support with my mentor.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Andrew