Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Gyani's Status Report - #9 of 17

From: Gyanendra Mishra <anomaly.the () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2015 20:29:18 +0530

Hi,

I have really bad connectivity here, had none for the last 24 hours but I
finally found connectivity to post a follow up. I hope I still have
connectivity by the time i hit send. This is a follow up to what i sent
earlier.

Amendments:
 * Solved #150, relaxed the check for success earlier was 200 and 204 now
any thing that is 20* is accepted, also added xmloutput to the script.
 * Solved #115 - The script doesn't calculate scores and warnings where
ever ssl is required, also you won't see the error logs if you run with -d
and don't have ssl.
 * Solved #38 - This script checks for vulnerability in a wordpress plugin
called 'CM download manager' which allows remote code execution, it was
posted earlier this year by mzet. A random string was hardcoded and the
check for the vulnerability didn't support would lead to a lot of false
positives. Corrected that.

Accomplishments:
 * Wrote a first draft for auto auth, requires user supplied args
http.username and http.password allows NTLM, Digest and Basic. I would
suggest that you guys don't change your http.lua :P as this one is probably
very bugy. Couldn't test much because of no connectivity.[1] I didn't write
over my http.lua as it had a working and tested support for NTLM and didn't
want this version to mess it up. I guess I should make another folder in
nmap-exp/gyani called "probably buggy" :P.
 * Added parsing for the smb response for linux versions, my system is
Ubuntu 14.04 and it returns Unix (Samba 4.1.6-Ubuntu). Some more version
strings provided by you guys would be awesome to test.[2]

Gyani
[1]https://svn.nmap.org/nmap-exp/gyani/nselib/http-autoauth.lua
[2]https://svn.nmap.org/nmap-exp/gyani/nselib/osinfo.lua

On Sat, Jun 27, 2015 at 9:57 PM, Gyanendra Mishra <anomaly.the () gmail com>