Nmap Development mailing list archives

ncat portable for windows (static edition) lacking ssl functions

From: Pavel Kreuzt <pkreuzt () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2015 08:23:15 +0200

I am trying to build a static ncat on W8 following the guide at
https://secwiki.org/w/Nmap/Ncat_Portable . The guide seems a little
outdated so I'll recall the process briefly to have a socks5 capable static
ncat:

- Installed VC++ 2010, ActivePerl 5.20 x86, and downloaded openssl-1.0.2a
and nmap-6.47

- Built openssl with "no-shared" and "no-asm" flags, installed to
c:\nmap-mswin32-aux\OpenSSL (including applink.c to includes)

- Opened nmap.sln in VC++ and changed active solution to ncat static.
liblua is unchecked but ncat seems to need it, so checked again. Added
liblua's dir to include dirs in ncat project. Also changed liblua's code
generation default from /MD to /MT (without this change it will show
conflicts at build time)

At the end of the build I have a working static ncat.exe of about 2,7MB. .
. except the --ssl switch no longer works. It works plain-text with or
without this switch. Am I doing something wrong? Or is it some bug in ncat
or the build solution?