Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [RFC] smb-check-vulns port to nse vulns lib

From: Jacek Wielemborek <d33tah () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 14:54:11 +0200

W dniu 25.06.2015 o 14:51, Daniel Miller pisze:
Andrew,

A single script can have multiple vuln tables, and return them all in a
single report. However, I would not choose to do that for this script.

A few days ago, I added an enhancement request #171, "Split smb-check-vulns
into separate smb-vuln-msXX-XXX.nse scripts". This would allow users to
check for specific issues by name, not by "danger" or "safety" of the
check. We can use categories to control which checks are run: safe,
intrusive, and dos are relevant to this sort of check. For the Conficker
infection check, we can use the malware category, too.

Dan

This sounds like Andrew's task should split in two then. The way I
understand it, he only has this (and perhaps one more?) script to
convert before he's done porting non-vulns scripts to vulns library.
Does this mean he should skip this one and perhaps split it later or
port it as well and leave splitting for later?

d33tah