Nmap Development mailing list archives

Andrew's Status Report - #7 of 17

From: Andrew Jason Farabee <afarabee () uci edu>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 23:04:18 -0700

Accomplishments:
 * I sent out an email regarding decisions that need to be made to
make progress on socks4a support (
http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2015/q2/245 ). If you have the time,
please comment on how this might be implemented with low impact on the
current system.
 * Wrote a connectscan script for nmap-nseportscan-socks4a.  This
allowed simple port-scanning and running some scripts through tor and
socks4a proxies.
 * Looked through github issue tracker and TODO for new tasks.
 * Started work on issue 147. (
https://github.com/nmap/nmap/issues/147 ) Finished porting
http-iis-webdav-vuln.nse to vulns library.

Priorities:
 * Test http-iis-webdav-vuln vulns port, possibly using Metasploitable VM.
 * Finish porting the rest of the scripts listed in issue 147 to vulns library.
 * Analysis and testing of 151 ( https://github.com/nmap/nmap/pull/151 )
 * Analysis and testing of IPv4 fallback patch for issue 157 (
http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2015/q2/att-92/diff2.patch ).
Modification as needed.
 * Talk with my mentor about next steps in implementing socks4a support.

I hope everyone is doing well,
Andrew