Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: error installing newest nmap

From: Daniel Miller <bonsaiviking () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2015 14:46:00 -0500

Yes, the software for this release requires both the 2008 and 2013 VC++
Redistributable packages, both of which should be bundled in the installer.
2008 is needed for the Python components of Zenmap, and 2013 is needed for
Nmap, Ncat, Nping, and the other Nmap-specific code projects.

I will do some more testing to see why our installer may not be installing
both packages if needed. In the meantime, installing it directly from
Microsoft as Jacek suggests will solve the issue.

Dan