Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap 6.47 works incorrectly in Solaris 10

From: Daniel Miller <bonsaiviking () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2015 14:28:59 -0500

Luong,

Thanks for bringing this up. We have several fixes in our development
source tree for issues on Solaris, but none with the symptom you described.
Can you provide some more information so we can debug?

1. Output of nmap --version

2. Output of your command with -d

3. Can nmap find the missing hosts if scanning them individually? Like if
192.168.89.10 is shown in the Linux scan, on Solaris do: nmap -sn -d
192.168.89.10

4. Is there anything special or unique about your system or network? Are
you running as root, or in a zone, or on a VM?

5. Does the problem persist with the latest development tree in subversion?
svn co https://svn.nmap.org/nmap

Thanks,
Dan

On Thu, Apr 2, 2015 at 12:10 PM, Luong Nguyen <lucasart1989 () gmail com>