Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: bug compiling latest svn version of Nmap

From: Daniel Miller <bonsaiviking () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2015 15:35:20 -0500

I replied to this issue on Github: Arch Linux's included Lua is 5.3. You
have to configure --with-liblua=included to use Nmap's Lua 5.2

Dan

On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 12:58 PM, Jethro Inwald <jinwald12 () gmail com> wrote:

Hi I have updated Nmap to the lastest version  from SVN on a Arch Linux
box and are encountering the following issue when compiling it with the
following command: ./configure &&  make && sudo make install and I am
confronted with the following  error message upon make:

/base/dir/nmap/nse_ssl_cert.cc:207: undefined reference to
`lua_replace'
/base/dir/nmap/nse_ssl_cert.cc:223: undefined reference to
`lua_replace'
Makefile:120: recipe for target 'nmap' failed
make[1]: *** [nmap] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/base/dir/nmap'
make: *** [all] Error 2

I have been updating nmap this way for some time now with no issue but
this issue appeared earlier this week and persists, Any idea on what is
going on here? ldconfig does not seem to fix it either.