Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: zenmap comments not saving

From: Daniel Miller <bonsaiviking () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2015 14:38:58 -0500

Ely,

Thanks for the bug report! I've confirmed the issue and added it in our
bugtracker: http://issues.nmap.org/133

Dan

On Fri, May 22, 2015 at 11:56 PM, Ely Petty <elypforums () yahoo com> wrote:

If I enter text into the Comments field on the Host Details tab, and make
sure I save the scan results, the text is not there when I go back and open
the saved scan results file again; the Comments field is just blank.

I am running nmap/zenmap 6.47 on Windows 7 SP1 64-bit.  I tried running
zenmap as administrator (to make sure UAC was not effecting this) but that
didn’t change anything. The zenmap.exe.log file didn’t have anything
relevant in it; the only message in there was about not having the
‘hicolor’ theme installed.

Is there any way to make the Comments field save text entered into it?