Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: TCP_WINDOW and TCP_MSS correlation as feature

From: Daniel Miller <bonsaiviking () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2015 10:53:17 -0500

Alex,

Thanks, this looks good! I think, though, that we can simply use either
MISSING or UNKNOWN (both of which become -1 in the feature vector) for the
(very unlikely) case where MSS is 0. We only have one fingerprint in our
whole IPv4 database that has a MSS of 0, "Fingerprint Dell EqualLogic
PeerStorage PS100E NAS device (NetBSD 1.6.2)". This would eliminate the
need to include numpy in vectorize.py and float.h in FPEngine.cc.

I am not sure what you are seeing to cause such a high novelty with
scanme.nmap.org. My scans are coming back with 5.49. Can you provide the
fingerprint you are getting?

I will commit this with these changes pending our discussion later today.

Dan