Nmap Development mailing list archives

Patch for prism 802.11 chipsets in monitor mode

From: "Bradford W. Johnson" <bradford () visi com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2015 20:14:36 -0600

Hi --

Various versions of this bug have been fixed already; the symptom is
that nmap can't find any interfaces when one interface is in monitor mode.

Prism cards have their own header when in monitor mode, and thus the
earlier fixes aren't enough.  I've attached the patch "firstdiff"
against the current svn which clears this up.

While poking around with this, I noticed an inconsistency in the
constant naming (_HDR rather than _HRD).  The next patch "seconddiff"
fixes both issues.  You'll want to use only one of them, and you get to
decide whether making cosmetic-only changes is good.

There's also a history file, libdnet-stripped/NMAP_MODIFICATIONS, and
you'll want to add something to your taste there.  The HRD/HDR typo
shows up at a number of places there, and maybe you want to fix all of
them.  Or maybe you don't.

Thanks for a really useful product!

-- brad