Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap not working

From: Daniel Miller <bonsaiviking () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 07:33:33 -0500

Garrett,

Thanks for the crash report. To correctly diagnose, we usually need the
output (or crash report) of "nmap --version" and "nmap --iflist" as well as
the OS you're using and any special hardware or network type you may have.

The only known issue at the moment with Windows 8.1 is a problem in
enumerating interfaces, so nmap --iflist and any scan will crash, but nmap
--version ought to work just fine. This first showed up on Surface Pro 3
tablets, and has been fixed in development.

Dan