Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] ProConOS and PC Worx

From: Stephen Hilt <hilt () digitalbond com>
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2015 11:11:04 -0500

You could send the same messages and as long as the bytes we are checking
match then you could use it as a service probe much like what we did with
BACnet.
 On Feb 24, 2015 8:52 AM, "Daniel Miller" <bonsaiviking () gmail com> wrote:

Stephen,

These simple scripts are great contributions. The biggest improvement to
how Nmap handles these services, however, would be to have service
fingerprints in nmap-service-probes to identify the services if possible.
Since you are making these "version" category scripts, the most likely way
people will run them will be via the -sV option, which means that Nmap will
send a barrage of inappropriate probes to the service trying to match a
response. You know as well or better than anyone how hazardous that could
be against industrial equipment :). If we have a matchline (or even a
softmatch to identify the protocol) in nmap-service-probes, then Nmap will
stop probing at that point. This speeds up scan times considerably, and
avoids sending "bad" data to known services.

Do you have examples of service fingerprints that Nmap prints for these
services when you run with -sV? Or with -sV --version-all? Thanks.

Dan

On Thu, Feb 12, 2015 at 2:16 PM, Stephen Hilt <hilt () digitalbond com>