Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Has anyone seen nmap compile and work on Solaris lately ?

From: Daniel Miller <bonsaiviking () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 22:59:34 -0600

On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 3:38 PM, dev <dev () cor0 com> wrote:

Line 907 of osscan.cc causes a compile error :

   907    tests.sort(FingerTest_lessthan);

Looked harmless to me.

Tried a simple build of nmap-6.47 on Solaris 10 with the recently
released Oracle Studio 12.4 compiler tools and things went badly on
osscan.cc thus :

<snip>

So anyone have any thoughts on what the issue is here or has seen nmap
build on recent Solaris ?

Dennis

ps: If the only answer I get is "try recent gcc" then I may scream. I'll
try it of course.

Dennis,

Thanks for your bug report. We always strive to make Nmap portable whenever
we can, and we do actively support Solaris as a platform. However, our
efforts on Solaris are primarily geared towards the GCC compiler. If you
would like to take some time to hunt down a solution to the problems you
cited, we would be more than happy to accept a patch and credit you.

To help you get started, it looks like you have a problem with an
incompatible C++ stdlib. Can you try with -library=stlport4 as this link
[1] suggests?

Dan

[1] https://gmplib.org/list-archives/gmp-bugs/2013-February/002936.html